Wednesday, November 24, 2010

JOB 31

This is just a quick little post, as it is late. I was reading Job 31 and one verse stuck out to me. It is verse 29.

If I have rejoiced at my enemy’s misfortune
or gloated over the trouble that came to him—

Have you ever told on your brother or sister and been glad when they were punished? I have :(. Or is there some one you don't get along with, and you are glad when they mess up or do something wrong? That is what Job is talking about here. Sometimes my heart turns cold and is so concerned in making sure that justice is served, that I forget to love the person that is sinning.
There is something in me that just needs to make sure that person gets in trouble for whatever they were doing wrong. And then when I get in trouble and some one does that to me, I judge them for it, when I did the exact same thing! I'm kind of just rambling on, but this verse reminded me that sometimes I need to check my attitude and say, "You know what? God loves them too. Would I want people to 'rejoice' when I mess up?"


Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment