Monday, March 14, 2011

He Still Loves Me

I looked in the mirror, and what did I see? I saw a face full of hatred, selfishness, and ugliness. Just looking at myself and all my filth disgusted me. Thoughts in my head kept saying,


You're worthless. You can't do anything right. Nobody likes you, they never have, they never will. Haven't you heard what your friends say about you? They don't like you. You don't have any friends. You don't have anyone.

At this point I was in tears, shaking with fear and frustration. I believed everything that the voices in my head said to me. I didn't even question it. Tears fell off my face onto the bathroom counter. The voices again began to say,

Look at yourself. Do you honestly think anyone would ever love you with all you've done? Your unlovable; pathetic. . .

I lifted up my face for a moment, and saw a glorious person behind me. His hands were bloody and held three nails. Blood was seeping from His forehead and His side, but His face possessed a brilliant radiance. He put His arm around me, and made me turn around. While I was turned, He thrust one of the nails into the mirror, and the whole thing shattered into a thousand pieces. The voices from inside my head were gone. The glorious man then turned around and sat me on His knee. I touched His blood-stained hands, and He said, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. My Father loved the World so much, that he sent me, to die for all man-kind, so that you may be with Him in Heaven."

"But, I'm so un-worthy. I don't deserve this. And yet, you still love me?" I said, puzzled at why someone would love me still, even when they know all of the sins I've committed.

The glorious man with the radiant face looked me in the eyes and said, "My child, I've always loved you. I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I'll love you just the same tomorrow. My love is everlasting."

Then he gently kissed my forehead, stood up, and walked out of sight. After He left, the sun shone through the bathroom window, making the shattered glass on the floor shine beautifully, and surrounding the hideous nail that once pierced His hand, like a cloud of light. Just like Jesus surrounds us in His cloud of everlasting love.



It was crazy. Last night I was lying in bed, and the idea of this story just came to me out of no where. I'm sure that it came from God, because I couldn't of thought of it by myself. Here is a song and some verses that kind of go with the story.

Cannons By: Phil Wickham

It's falling from the clouds

A strange and lovely sound

I hear it in the thunder and rain

It's ringing in the skies

Like cannons in the night

The music of the universe plays


You are holy great and mighty

The moon and the stars declare who You are

I'm so unworthy, but still You love me

Forever my heart will sing of how great You are


Beautiful and free

Song of Galaxies

It's reaching far beyond the milky way

Lets join in with the sound

C'mon let's sing it loud

As the music of the universe plays



All glory, honor, power is Yours amen

All glory, honor, power is Yours amen

All glory, honor, power is Yours forever amen





2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Jeremiah 31:34

No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Isaiah 43:25

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Ephesians 1:7

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace

Romans 3:23-24

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.


-Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment