Sunday, February 13, 2011

Inreaches and Outreaches

So tonight for youth group we had our Broomball tournament.  It was pretty fun besides getting completely soaked haha.  There is one thing I noticed though.  This was supposed to be an outreach, but we didn't have many new kids come actually. I think we as a group were expecting a lot bigger tournout.  But, that's okay.  One of my close friends came for the first time and had a lot of fun :D.

But, I think we as a youth group could do better at inviting people to come.  Tonight the majority of the kids there were kids that go to our youth group regularly.  Don't get me wrong. It's not like they aren't important haha.  I'm glad they came.  Maybe everyone in our youth group is inviting people, but they just don't/ can't come.  I suppose that could be the reason.  But even if that's the case, I still think we can make more of an effort to invite people to come.  Yes, it is our job to invite them, and God's job to get them there.  But that doesn't mean you can't offer them a ride or something...

So far this year basically all we've had is outreaches.  I really think our group could use more inreaches to get closer together and to build trust and etc.... but that is just my opinion I guess.  I'm not saying that outreaches aren't important, because I believe that they are very important.  That is how many kids start coming to youth group.  I just think we could have a good mix of both inreaches and outreaches.

Well that's all my thoughts for right now.

Here is the link for today's devotions: https://penzu.com/p/89f0f941

- Mallory

1 comment:

  1. i like the inreach idea thing... i'm coming regularly now kinda, but i honestly don't think i know anyone better now than i did when i first came...

    ReplyDelete