Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Runner's Prayer

So, this is a little silly poem that I wrote today, to express my feelings about my first track meet tomorrow. ;P




A Runner's Prayer

Lord, we have a meet today, and I know I've only just woke up.

But my nerves have already started, even as I pray.

Only You can get me through this day.

Lord, now I'm on the bus, on the way to the meet.

Listening to people sing about you on my ipod comforts me.

Only Your name gives me peace.

Lord, now the race is coming up, but all I can hear is my pounding heart.

Help me to trust in You.

Only You can calm my heart.

Lord, as I'm walking to the starting line, my legs begin to shake.

My blocks are set, and so are my feet.

Only You can get me through this meet.

Lord, I know the race is starting soon, for I see the guy with the gun.

I listen closely for him to say " runners on your marks."

Only You can help me as I start.

Lord, by this time I am set, and I'm waiting for the "go."

The suspense is dreadful, but I know that I can do all things because you strengthen me.

Only You can help me finish, even if I don't finish wonderfully.



- Mallory

3 comments:

  1. That's a cool poem :)
    I've never been in track, so I don't know exactly what you're feelin right now, but Good Luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat, Mallory!! Your SOOOO creative!! :D Love ya, girly!!! :))

    ReplyDelete