Friday, April 15, 2011

Starving Souls

I see dead people everywhere.


I see their starving souls, continually trying to quench their thirst for satisfaction.

Emotional satisfaction.

Love.

Hope.

The scary thing?

They don't know they're dead.



I was dead once too.

Then I was revived.

Revived spiritually.

Saved.



These people, they look just like you and me.

But inside their souls cry out.

In agony.

They think to themselves.

"There must be something more than this."



The gift.

Jesus.

He saved me.

He saved you.

On the cross He died.

Pain.

Suffering.

Blood.

Tears.

All so we can have life.

Life with Him.



This news is so good.

So extremely good.

We should be ready to burst with excitement to tell about our Lord.

Why do we keep it to ourselves?

Why don't we tell these suffering people about this gift?

This free gift.

Because we are selfish.

We have reputations, that we don't want to give up.

We care about our "status" so much that we pay no attention to other people's spiritual welfare.

And in the end, what will matter more?

What will you put on the top of your list?

The choice is up to you.

And me.



What choice will you make?



- Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment