Thursday, December 8, 2011

Attitude is Altitude




I recently finished a book called Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic.  This book was written by a guy (Nick) who was born without limbs.  It’s the story of his life, and how he found his hope in Jesus.  This guy’s attitude amazes me.  He went from almost committing suicide by drowning himself, to being full of joy and excitement and loving life!  He really lives out James 1:2. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." Nick has been through many trials.  One of his favorite sayings is, "Attitude is Altitude." You can see the joy and happiness he is feeling just in his face alone.  Reading this made me ashamed of my own attitude. It makes me wonder, do people see the joy of the Lord in me?  Would my attitude want them to follow Christ, or would it drive them from it? 
Nick travels all around the world as a motivational speaker sharing the gospel and his testimony.  I’ve watched one of his speeches on DVD, and God definitely gave him a way with words.  He has used him to touch many people’s lives, and inspired me as well.  


So, if you want a little inspiration from a really cool guy, you should read this book :)

Or, check him out at his websites!

NickVujicic.com
LifeWithoutLimbs.org
AttitudeIsAltitude.com

- Mallory


Psalm 118: 24 - "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment