Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. My mom and dad told us kids that they were going to run some errands, but when they got home we saw that they had a New Suburban!!!! :D (well, actually it is used, but it's new to us!) We all got in the "new" Suburban and went to get groceries as a family. My game was canceled that night because of the rain. I think that God did that so we could all spend the night as a family. It was our last night together before Dad left for Haiti.

We got home and Dad grilled, and we had a nice meal outside. Did anyone else notice how still it was last night? It was beautiful. "Gorgeous" as my Dad would say.

I really am proud of my dad for volunteering to go to Haiti. I'm sure that it will be a great experience. I just hope and pray that he gets there safely.

Lord, I just want to lift up the Haiti team. If it's your will, let them arrive there safely. Help them to show your love to the people they meet through their actions, as well as their words. Please keep everyone safe and healthy. And I want to pray for my dad specifically. Help him (as well as the other team members) to have the energy to perform the tasks that you have given him. Amen

Verse of the Day:
Mark 16:15
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Well, that seems to be a good conclusion for my post today.
Have a great day everyone!
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment