Saturday, October 9, 2010

Drama

DEVOS

So tonight I'm reading Job 20-22. Job and his friends are still debating back and forth. They keep bringing up how Job is a wicked man, when really he is a true servant of God going through a very tough time. They keep telling Job that he is wicked and needs to repent so that God will forgive him. In the end, Job's troubles ceased when he prayed for his friends (Job 42: 7-8). I think that his friends were trying to help him, but were going about it the wrong way by saying he is wicked and lecturing him. I know that would frustrate me if I were Job.




JOURNAL

So tonight I've been thinking about how blessed I am to have such great friends. I have one friend this week who has been sort of "stabbed in the back" by another friend, and is going through a lot of drama. She has had a pretty rough week. I despise drama. It is so over rated. Just the other day, there was a cat fight in our school hallway with two girls. One thing I don't understand is why us girls get into fights and they drag on and on until we can't even remember what we were fighting about, and when guys fight, they might be mad for a day, but they get over it. Why is that? Most of the time the arguments aren't even important, but yet we choose to jeopardize our friendship over something that wouldn't matter at the end of the day. My sisters and I are like that sometimes. We argue about insignificant things or argue just to argue. But, in the end we still love each other. We just need to remember that our friendship with each other is way more important that winning an argument.

So to my friend out there who is hurting, I pray that everything works out okay, and that the drama will go away as quickly as it came.

And to all my friends out there, thanks for being so great :D

1 John 4:11
Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Nite!

Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment