Thursday, October 14, 2010

JOB 24

I read Job 24 today and I really liked the point that a few of the verses made.

JOB 24:13-16

13 "There are those who rebel against the light,
who do not know its ways
or stay in its paths.

14 When daylight is gone, the murderer rises up
and kills the poor and needy;
in the night he steals forth like a thief.

15 The eye of the adulterer watches for dusk;
he thinks, 'No eye will see me,'
and he keeps his face concealed.

16 In the dark, men break into houses,
but by day they shut themselves in;
they want nothing to do with the light.


These are verses that talk about how people sin at night because they think that no one will see them, but that is where they are wrong. God knows exactly what they are doing. Have you ever done something wrong when you were alone, and thought "no one will ever know"? I know I have. That is where we are very foolish. God watches us trying to hide our sins, and I'm sure that it disappoints Him greatly.

So the next time you are tempted to sin just because no one else is around, remember that God is watching.


Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment