Monday, January 24, 2011

Job 34-35

This is a very short post.  I read Job 34-35 this morning.  Basically Job is saying that he is right, and that God is wrong and unjust.... can u picture saying that you are right, over God?  I do this all the time.  Reading this passage kind of made me think, "Arguing with God? What was I thinking?"  I tend to think that my plans are better than God's plans, but that is because I can't see the whole picture.


 This is just a part of Job's conversation with Elihu (his friend).

Elihu says:

17 Can someone who hates justice govern? 
   Will you condemn the just and mighty One? 
   Far be it from God to do evil,
   from the Almighty to do wrong. 
11 He repays everyone for what they have done;
   he brings on them what their conduct deserves. 
12 It is unthinkable that God would do wrong,
   that the Almighty would pervert justice.






This is reminding us that God is just, and we can't say that we are right, and God is wrong.  Think about how foolish that is... I know I do this quite often, and I find it quite embarrassing to think about.  It is kind of like arguing with a doctor on the best way to perform a surgery, when you are a plumber.  They have more knowledge than you by far on how to perform a surgery.  And if we were to argue with God, we would be arguing with a sinless, perfect, incredible, indescribable, almighty God of the universe.  I bet you could just picture how that would turn out...;)

I don't know if any of this makes sense, but I hope it does ;).  I'm just kind of rambling here ;).


That pretty much sums up my thoughts for the moment...



- Mallory

1 comment:

  1. yea, it makes sense, i've never thought about that.. but i guess i do it a lot now that i'm looking back :S I guess this is where humbling myself comes in... i definitely need to work on that...

    ReplyDelete