Saturday, January 8, 2011

Purity. What is it?

6xpw6tz1.jpg
So last night I had a special night with my dad.  We went out to eat, and he gave me a gift.  It was a purity ring.  Inscribed on it were the words "True love Waits."  I had wanted one for a really long time, so this year I got one kind of as a late birthday present (I got to pick it out myself hehe).  The ring is the symbol of the promise I've made to my parents, myself, future husband, and to God, to remain sexually pure until marriage.


What is the definition of purity anyway?

Purity |ˈpyoŏritē|nounfreedom from adulteration or contamination• freedom from immorality, esp. of a sexual nature white is meant torepresent purity and innocence.

So many people don't even know the meaning of being pure anymore.  It kind of has lost its meaning...  I know of many girls that throw themselves at different guys, just for the satisfaction of having a boyfriend.  I think that if they realized all of the consequences of not remaining pure, they wouldn't have done it.
Many people think of love and marriage like this:
"I'll stay with this person for a while, and when I don't love them anymore, I'll move on and find my 'true soul mate.'  We'll even move in together, possibly get married, and when things start to slow down I'll break it off...."


THIS IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!

Got created marriage as a permanent commitment and relationship.  Ever heard of "Till death do us part?"

I've heard stories of people who didn't save themselves till marriage, and end up having regrets and feelings of guilt for their spouse.  Wouldn't it be nice to know that your future husband/wife saved themselves, just for you?

My dad says he loves my mom more every day.  Now, that is pretty cool I think.

So, purity.  What is it?

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


1 Timothy 5:22
Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure.


- Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment